Saturday, June 30th, 2012
|11:52 a.m. - Checking In|
It's not you; it's me. I really haven't been in the mood for writing this year! But I wanted to sign in to LJ to tell anyone wondering about me that I'm still alive--even after yesterday's record heat and last night's violent storms! Power was out at home this morning, so here I am keeping my cool at the public library until they kick me (and all the other folks here trying to stay cool) out.
What have I done so far in 2012? Well, I've
* been enjoying the unseasonably warm weather, then
* been freaked out by the unseasonably warm weather
* enjoyed going to farmers' markets each week, even when the markets were not officially open
* read over 50 books so far
* observed a family of neighborhood raccoons, all of them utterly adorable
* been seriously flirted with (about half an hour ago) by someone new in town
* been less seriously flirted with (at various markets) by various long-timers
* hung out with local elected officials (though none of them were *my* elected officials)
* wondered how much of my refrigerated food is going to survive the power outage
* wondered if there's any good place to sleep in this library
Right then. That's about all the coherent thought I can manage. Anyone else tired of dealing with record-breaking heat?
Current Mood: thirsty
hey! glad to know you're still alive and enjoying things like reading,flirting and eating. i enjoyed the mild winter but was also freaked out by it. and still am. i used to be a big writer and reader. now i'm a talker who lives alone and a good listener. well,i do like radio programs and educational tv and music and talking on the phone to a few select people. anyhow,i hope you get your power back soon and thank goodness for libraries,for one more reason!
Well, I haven't been flirting myself--mostly I've been flirted at, which can get tiresome! Life is still frustrating, but things could be a lot worse.
Power came back on Sunday afternoon, so things are slowly getting back to normal... well, as normal as it ever gets in the summer around here.
glad you got your power back!
Me too! Hot weather + no power is not my idea of fun.
|Date:||June 30th, 2012 09:03 PM (UTC)|| |
I'm glad to hear that you survived the storm and are now someplace cool!
Thank you! Weather's still hot, but having power again here at home makes things much more bearable.
Thank you! It's good to hear from you as well.
What recording breaking heat? We've just got record breaking wet!!
Good to hear from you!!
At this point, we could use some record breaking wet! Yesterday we finally got some rain along with record breaking coolth, which came as a relief.
|Date:||October 6th, 2012 05:17 AM (UTC)|| |
Thank you! It was a good one--nothing spectacular, but good.